I hear it all the time “I’m not a morning person, I can’t work out in the morning”. You have good intentions to work out later in the day but then the day happens – and life – and the next thing you know, you haven’t worked out in ages. Sound familiar? I know it’s hard to get out of that comfy bed to get your sweat on but there are so many benefits to getting your workout done first thing in the morning. If you’ve ever wondered why some people are crazy enough to get up early and hit the gym, keep reading for 10 secrets morning exercises know.
Here are 10 secrets that morning exercisers know that make the early alarm clock worth it:
1. You’re less likely to skip your workout. Having a regular routine every morning makes it a normal part of your day and not something you fit in if you have time. We all know life happens – working late, the kids have homework, or other things that could force you to reschedule your workout. Scheduling a specific time to work out (and keeping the appointment) sets you up for success!
2. Your mood will improve. Ever roll out of bed in a bad mood for no apparent reason? Getting your heart pumping and blood flowing is a great way to combat morning grumpiness and can last all day! Exercise can be a feel good drug!
3. Leaves time for other priorities. We all have priorities. I don’t know about your family, but mine wants to eat dinner every single day and someone has to fix it, right? And the boss doesn’t care that you were planning to knock out a couple miles on the treadmill. Taking the time in the morning before everyone else is up leaves time for the other important things in your life.
4. Increases focus throughout the day. That blood flow that you kickstarted makes your brain work better. When your brain works better, you are more focused. Increased focused results in increased productivity. It’s a chain reaction!
5. Jump starts your metabolism. Exercising first thing in the morning has been shown to increase metabolism, which is sustained throughout the day. This is especially beneficial if you are looking to lose weight.
6. Energizes you throughout the day. Once you get your heart pumping, your energy level is up too. No need to drag through the day or rely on caffeine to get you through the day. Exercise can naturally energize you.
7. Makes you want to eat healthy. One healthy choice leads to another. By working out early in the morning, you’ll be less tempted by those donuts at the office and want to eat something healthy so you don’t undo all of your hard early morning work.
8. Gives you bragging rights. Getting up early and getting your workout done deserves to be shouted from the rooftop. You deserve to brag a little!
9. Reduces stress. We could all probably use a little less stress in our lives. Exercise has been scientifically proven to help reduce stress. Starting your day off with less stress is always a great idea.
10. Makes your skin naturally glow. If you’ve ever been told you looked tired, this is the cure! Working up a good sweat will make your skin glow naturally and make you look radiant.
Do you work out in the morning? What motivates you to get up early and get it done?
And be sure to check out these money saving workout tips!