So many people get overwhelmed about what clean eating really means. It means something different to every person it seems so I am sharing what it means to me in this short video. Although I try to eat completely clean and avoid any processed foods, my main goal is to keep it clean most of the time and not obsess about the rest. Unless you prepare all of your own food, it’s next to impossible to know everything that goes into that food.
Here are my top 5 tips to clean eating:
1. Eat one food ingredients. This is your best bet to eat as close to nature as possible. Foods such as bananas, spinach, bell peppers only contain one ingredient (and no nutrition label) so you know it has not been processed or otherwise modified.
2. If it’s on TV, leave it on the shelf! Most food commercials are selling processed foods with ingredients you need a PhD in chemistry to pronounce. Are these things you want to put into your body? No? Leave it on the shelf then!
3. If you can’t say it, don’t eat it. If you can’t say it, your body won’t know how to digest it.
4. Packaged products should contain less than 5 ingredients. Of these 5 ingredients, make sure that you know what each ingredient is and that they are not chemicals or other preservatives.
5. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Be sure to drink plenty of water. This will flush the toxins and impurities from your body.
What other tips do you have for clean eating?