This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SipandBeFit #CollectiveBias
Living healthy seems like it can be a little overwhelming at first. There are so many different aspects involved, especially as far as diet and exercise are concerned. With all the conflicting advice and information, it can be downright confusing too! But I’m here to tell you that even small changes can really add up and make a huge difference in your health.
I’ve compiled this list of 7 of my top tips to live a healthier life. Don’t worry about tackling them all at once though, pick one to start with and then pick another one. Over time, you’ll start seeing results and changing your habits!
- Cut out fast food. Fast food has little to no nutritive value. Plus, most of it is loaded with saturated fats and contains way too many calories. Cutting it out entirely will help you make better food choices.
- Cut out oil. Even healthier oils like olive oil and coconut oil are packed with calories (120 calories per tablespoon). The good news is that you don’t need oil to cook with; there are plenty of other great substitutes that won’t add extra calories that you don’t need. Try these alternatives and skip the oil!
- Limit your screen time. We all know social media and the internet can be a huge time suck. Try setting a timer and then turning off the electronics. Use that extra time to go for a walk, practice yoga or meditate.
- Have a sleep routine. Having a regular sleep routine is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Your body needs its rest to refresh and repair itself. Skimping on sleep or getting poor sleep can lead to weight gain as well as other unhealthy choices.
- Stand up and move. Sitting in a chair all day is really hard on your body. Make sure to get up and stretch and move periodically. It’s a great way to boost your energy and get your blood pumping. Lace up your shoes and get out into the great outdoors. A brisk walk, a hike or a bike ride is a fun way to burn some calories.
- Switch one food at a time. Go for foods that are all natural and that you can pronounce the ingredients or explain where they come from. You don’t even need to worry about organic versus non-organic at this point – just know that the closer the food is to nature, the better it is for your body. Rather than trying to eat all healthy foods at once, substitute one at a time. Replace your macaroni and cheese with broccoli or green beans. After you’ve found a few things you really like, try replacing another food for something better. Over time, you’ll end up with all healthy, real foods on your plate as well as a rainbow of color.
- Cut out the soda. Soda is one of the worst things you can consume. Not only is there no nutritive value at all in soda, it’s loaded with chemicals and preservatives that can harm your body. Instead of reaching for a soda, grab some water instead or another drink that’s good for you. While browsing the aisles at Walmart, I noticed several better-for-you options that make it easy to ditch your soda. I love that Walmart makes it easier to live better with several healthy beverage options. I picked up some Snapple Diet Peach and a couple of different types of Neuro for myself. I always have plenty of Fiji water and Vita Coco Pure on hand. Coconut water is a great way to replenish electrolytes during and after exercise without all the sugar and chemicals in sports drinks.
To help get you started on your healthier life, you can enter the #SipAndBeFit Sweepstakes and win a $50 Walmart gift card as well as a $150 fitness tracker! That’s a great way to kickstart a healthy lifestyle!
How are you living healthier? What small changes have you made to live better? Be sure to enter the #SipAndBeFit sweepstakes!