Well there went another month! It just completely flew by again. And I don’t have much to show for it 🙁
Life continued to happen, I lost focus and motivation, and I got further and further behind. And April ended up being one of my worst months ever. And I’m completely to blame for it.
As we headed in to May and it was time to set goals for the month again, I was faced with the decision of whether or not I wanted to continue blogging. I do love it and it’s a creative and intellectual outlet for me. But I’m busy and it takes a lot of effort. I spent a few days doing some soul-searching and realized that I don’t want to give up. I also realized that I need to get my butt back in gear and remember my goal for the year of going pro. I can’t give it a half-hearted effort and expect full results.
So this month I pledge to give everything I have to getting caught up and putting more great content out there. Since I allowed myself to get so far behind, I may not be able to get completely caught up in May, but I’m going to make significant progress. My goal is to be completely caught up by the end of June.
Now for the honest results from April, the good, bad and ugly (it’s mostly ugly).
Successes and challenges
- Although I got a little behind on sending out the weekly newsletter, I got this caught up. I’m still experimenting with the best days and times to send it and have some data to look over. (Are you subscribed to my newsletter? Here’s the link if you’d like to – I’ll even give you a free ebook).
- My only challenge this month is getting caught up and refocused. All of my effort will be put into that goal.
April pageviews tanked, but that’s to be expected without the diligent effort I’ve been putting into the blog previously. This is a good reminder that I’ve got to continue working it. And that’s what I’m going to do!
Top 5 Posts for the Month
Income and Expenses
Now for the numbers. For the first time in quite a while, I actually lost money 🙁
|Food Blogger Pro||$29.00|
- Get back on schedule and get caught up!
- 10 non-sponsored posts for May
- 6 catch up posts for April
Now it’s time to get back to work!
I’d love to hear your comments below and always welcome any suggestions of things you’d like to see on the website!