Everybody loves chocolate, right?
Even though I typically eat really well, I do enjoy a treat now and then (okay….it MIGHT be more than that but that’s not what this is about).
But treats are easily justified when they contain no added sugar. Yep, that makes it a healthier, non-guilt-inducing sweet treat. And I’ve got to say, these chocolate date bites are a delicious treat!
Bring on the chocolate goodness!
These are pretty easy to make and the only minimally processed food in it is the chocolate chips. I love that I can still get the taste and texture of a decadent treat without all the bad stuff!
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 10-ounce bag Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (gluten, dairy and soy free)
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- Combine dates, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt in blender until combined.
- Line mini muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- Melt half the chocolate with 1/8 teaspoon of coconut oil, stirring continuously.
- When chocolate is completely melted, spoon into muffin tins quickly, making sure to cover bottom of tin.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
- Place a scoop of filling mixture into each cup and press down slightly with finger.
- Melt remaining chocolate with coconut oil, stirring continuously.
- Spread chocolate on top of date mixture, covering the entire top.
- Refrigerate or freeze for about 15 minutes to allow chocolate to harden and enjoy!
What is your favorite chocolate treat?