I’ve always had a sweet tooth and love dessert. Just about any dessert will do. Anyone that eats only real food will tell you that there are plenty of delicious options to satisfy sweet cravings. But the first couple of recipes I tried were not great….truthfully, they were completely disgusting and I threw out the entire batch.
But these chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars are my new favorite! Although it has all real food ingredients, it tastes pretty sinful and it’s definitely rich and decadent.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention…you also don’t have to bake them! Total hands on time is only about 15 minutes plus about 30 minutes to cool.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line an 8x8 glass dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix rolled oats, 1 cup of chocolate chips, peanut butter, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, almond milk, butter and salt.
- Heat to boiling and boil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour boiling mixture into oats mixture and mix completely.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips to the top.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and completely set (about 30 minutes or so).
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite no bake dessert?