Mr. Real Food loves cucumber salad so this was a special request from him. Although he liked my previous sweet cucumber salad recipe, he really prefers something a little less sweet.
This cucumber salad was quick and easy to make and everyone loved it! You only need to leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to allow the cucumbers to absorb the flavors of the seasoning. I would recommend chilling it overnight though to get the full flavor of it.
This salad is perfect as a side dish for any summer meal and goes especially well with grilled food. It’s perfect to make ahead and take to picnics too. The flavor is so light and refreshing and has just the right amount of crunch to it.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- Thinly slice cucumber into circles (a mandolin slicer works perfectly for this).
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, dill, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over cucumbers and stir to coat cucumbers.
- Add in feta and gently stir.
- Chill for at least 2 hours to allow cucumbers to absorb the flavors.
- Serve cold.
What is your favorite summer salad? How do you use all of the cucumber from your garden? Tell me in the comments below!
Be sure to check out some of our other tasty salads here!