I can’t believe February is over already! This was a super busy month!
Like I explained in last month’s income report, 2016 is my “Go Pro” year. Simply put, I want to treat my blog as a business and not just a hobby. Every post I publish and each decision I make is centered around that goal.
Last month I reported a snag in the filing of paperwork with the state. I reached out to the person owning the name the state felt was similar to mine. I think that has hit a dead end so I will need to appeal to the better judgement of the state authorities. Hopefully I will be able to get that taken care of in March or April at the latest.
I had previously mentioned that my ebook would be published April 1st. I decided to push that back some (date TBD) because I want it to be incredibly awesome. It’s well on it’s way but I want to continue adding to it before I release it.
Now for the results from February!
Successes and challenges
- Not only did I stick with my posting schedule, I had my posts scheduled early. That gave me time to work on my cookbook.
- Newsletters went out once a week. I’m still experimenting with the best days and times to send it and have some data to look over. (Are you subscribed to my newsletter? Here’s the link if you’d like to – I’ll even give you a free ebook).
- My organization system has been working beautifully still. I have a tendency to overschedule myself quite a bit but I am being very productive.
- One of my sponsored posts was selected for a Facebook ad by the advertiser and I had a nice boost in pageviews from that.
- Growth in all social media platforms
- My challenges now are figuring out how to increase my pageviews even more and maintain that level. January views were high because of a viral post so I need to make that happen more often.
- My biggest challenge right now is finding time to do everything that I’d like to. The good news is that I have a list of post ideas so I’ve got plenty of new content coming. I currently have a list long enough for about 87 years of content. And I add to it daily.
- I focused on growing my email list but I am finding this very challenging.
January was an exceptional month, view-wise and I didn’t see that again in February unfortunately. However, my view were pretty decent still.
Top 5 Posts for the Month
Income and Expenses
Now for the accounting stuff.
|Food Blogger Pro||$29.00|
Goals for next month
- 20K+ views
- $500 revenue
- 10 non-sponsored posts
- Grow email list by 10% (currently at 98 – you can help me reach this one and subscribe here :))
- Finish recipes for ebook
Now back to the kitchen and get some more recipes created!
I’d love to hear your comments below and always welcome any suggestions of things you’d like to see on the website!