Life can be stressful sometimes. The demands of getting it all done in a day and still finding time to sleep can be challenging for many of us. Taking time to relax and unwind ends up getting pushed to the side. But we all need a little time to allow our bodies and our minds to decompress.
I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite ways to relax and unwind. Even though some of them take a little more time than you think you have, it’s worth it invest this time in yourself. You might just find that you are less stressed and more productive.
How to Relax and Unwind:
- Take a long bath. A long soak in a bubble bath or epsom salt bath can be a great way to unwind and sooth sore muscles. Creating a peaceful environment helps shut out the rest of the world and sooth your worries away.
- Take a walk. Even a short 10 minute brisk walk can help you decompress. Head out the door without your phone and enjoy a few minutes of solitude.
- Get in a hard workout. For many people, a hard, heart-pumping workout helps sweat out the stress from the day.
- Meditate. Regular meditation can help you calm your mind. Practicing is difficult at first to learn how to calm your mind but it’s worth it to keep trying.
- Take time out for a hobby. Whether you like to read, knit, or play video games, taking a few minutes doing this activity each day can really help reduce stress.
- Watch a few minutes of mindless television. Find a short television show that entertains you or makes you laugh. This can help you check out from reality for 20 or 30 minutes without having to think too much.
- Listen to calming music. Since we all have different taste in music, find music that you enjoy and take a few minutes of uninterrupted time to listen to those tunes.
- Play with pets or children. If you have pets and/or young children, take a few minutes to roll around and play with them. A dog is always good for a happy game of fetch and your kids will likely enjoy an active game of hide and seek.
What is your favorite way to relax and unwind? Share it in the comments below!