Cucumber salad is not one of my favorite foods. While I like it okay and eat it every now and then, I do not enjoy it as much or as frequently as Mr. Real Food.
But since we had so many cucumbers from our co-op basket and my brother’s garden, we had to do something with them. So Mr. Real Food made his own salad and has graciously shared his recipe with us!
And if you’re not in the mood for his loaded salad, check out my other cucumber salad recipe.
The beautiful thing about cucumbers is that they are virtually calorie free since they are mostly water. And the light, refreshing flavor is perfect for summer.
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium red or white onion, diced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small can of black olives
- 1/4 cup peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight is best) to allow flavors to blend together.
Do you like cucumber salad? Do you prefer it a little sweeter or tangy? Tell me in the comments below!