Love is in the air!
With Valentine’s day coming soon, I was ready to make something deliciously chocolatey. I mean – nothing says true love like chocolate, right?
And there’s plenty to love about these little bites!
Obviously, the chocolate is something to love. But they say love is about what’s on the inside, not just the outside.
Inside the sweet chocolate shell is pure brownie bliss, along with the juiciness of raspberry. Your senses will delight in the awesomeness of this flavor combination.
You might think such a sensory delight would take hours to make, but these delicious morsels only take a few minutes to make. And they don’t even require any cooking. If you wanted to cut the calories, you could even omit the chocolate shell. They were completely amazing without it – trust me!
To make these, you only need 4 ingredients (or 5 if you want the chocolate coating) and a blender. Check out how easy this recipe is to make:
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 12 raspberries
- 1/2 cup cacao
- Chocolate melting wafers (optional)
- Add walnuts to food processor and pulse until they become a fine powder.
- Add in the pitted dates and cacao and blend until combined into a sticky ball of dough.
- Roll mixture into balls, form a thumbprint hole, place raspberry and roll into a ball so that raspberry is enclosed.
- Place on parchment paper and freeze 20-30 minutes.
- To add a chocolate coating, melt chocolate and spoon over brownie bites.
- Allow chocolate to harden and enjoy!
For those of us who enjoy eating those heart-shaped boxes full of chocolates with the creamy centers, these are a great healthier alternative. The dates add natural sweetness so no artificial sweeteners are needed. The chocolate is minimally processed but everything else is all natural. Using dark chocolate is a great idea since it provides antioxidants that we need.
I think my Valentine can expect to see some of these again soon!
What is your favorite Valentine treat?