I bought this Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan
a few weeks ago and was super excited to make some delicious homemade donuts. Well, my first 2 attempts were epic fails. But, not one to be discouraged, I tried again….and was successful! It’s probably a stretch to say these are healthydonuts but they are healthier than traditional donuts. Since they are baked, they don’t have all that fat in them either. If you like pumpkin and cake donuts, you’re sure to love these pumpkin donuts! They are great to make the night before for a grab and go breakfast or to enjoy with a cup of coffee and savor with smells of fall.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease doughnut pans.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and baking powder until well combined.
- Add the flour, stirring just until smooth.
- Fill the doughnut pans about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool about 5 minutes and transfer doughnuts to a cooling rack.
What is your favorite pumpkin dish? Tell me in the comments below!