This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NewBreakfastRoutine #CollectiveBias
I’m sure you’ve realized by now that I’m a goal setter by nature and love my morning routine. I love to set huge goals that seem scary and unattainable and then work hard to reach them. My running goals are like that for this year. I’ve gone through my goal-setting process completely and detailed the specifics of each goal and how I will get there. In order to achieve these goals, I also need different goals that will support my running goals and give me the morning energy that I need to get everything done.
I decided on three goals that support my big goals. These are the daily things that I will do that will help me cross the finish line (literally cross the finish line, in my case) and successfully complete my huge 2015 goals.
3 Ways I Will Reach My Goals in 2015:
- Get regular activity each day. I don’t mean running everyday or a hard workout. I know the importance of proper rest to allow my body to repair and rejuvenate. On my rest days from running, I will do activities that further support this. It could be a light workout, strength training, yoga, biking or anything else that I’d like to do. It may even be something as simple as walking my dog around the block. I will make sure that I get intentional movement each day.
- Start each day with a nutritious breakfast. I always start the day with a nutritious breakfast. It truly is the most important meal of the day for me. Eating a good breakfast each morning helps me start the day off on the right foot and makes me more likely to stay on track with my eating the rest of the day. While I was in Target looking for new workout clothes, I ran across these BelVita Mini Biscuits and this V8 Healthy Greens juice blend. Having a healthy grab and go breakfast is important to me since I tend to push my time limits and leave a little later than I had intended to leave. That means I don’t have time to use my juicer either. So V8 Healthy Greens helps me get the same nutrients that I could get from juicing – and I don’t have to mess with cleaning up the juicer. These healthy beverages contain 75% juice, 1 full serving of vegetables per 8oz serving, and are an excellent source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, & E. Wondering what the other 25% is? It’s water – yep, pure water. Each 8oz. serving is 60 calories or less with no sugar added and no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. While I picked out the Healthy Greens because I’m a huge fan of all its ingredients (spinach, yellow carrots, apples, and pineapple), it also comes in 3 other amazing flavors – Carrot Mango, Purple Power, and Golden Goodness. That makes it easy to incorporate a variety of different colored fruits and veggies in your diet! There will even be a sampling of the different flavors at Target on 1/24/15 so I’ll be sure to make it there to try the different juice blends.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Over the years, I have figured that I have an ideal weight range at which I run very well. My goal this year is to stay within this weight range. I don’t vary much from it on a normal basis anyway and it’s well within the healthy range for my height and build but a few pounds make a difference in how I run. In addition to starting the day with a nutritious breakfast, to maintain a healthy weight I will also need to eat healthy snacks and a healthy lunch and dinner. Not only does this help me maintain a healthy weight, I just feel better too and have the energy and motivation to get my workouts done.
And I know you like saving money too, right? Be sure to check out these special offers on the Cartwheel app too:
What are your goals for this year? How will you make sure you reach them?