Roasted chickpeas are always a big hit at my house.
Last weekend I made some Roasted Curry Chickpeas and Mr. Real Food sat down and ate them all. Guess they were pretty good!
As usual, when I sit down to plan our meals each week, I ask him what he’d like to have. And he requested some really spicy chickpeas, maybe with Tabasco. He puts Tabasco on almost everything so I knew he would love these! And it’s easy enough to roast a can of chickpeas.
These crunchy little snacks are extremely addicting but full of protein so go ahead, grab a handful!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Sea salt
- Drain, rinse, and pat dry chickpeas.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, Tabasco, and pepper.
- Toss chickpeas with mixture and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet with sides (this makes it much easier to stir).
- Roast until browned and crispy, about 40 minute, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Be sure to watch them in the final few minutes to make sure they do not burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Toss chickpeas with cilantro and salt and enjoy!