I am loving all things watermelon right now! Watermelon is such a healthy treat too! It’s such a tasty sweet treat but won’t pack on those pounds. Too bad all sweets didn’t work that way!
Watermelon is perfect on it’s own – just grab a slice and enjoy it! But it can really enhance the flavor of other foods as well and make them taste even better. When I first starting seeing watermelon salads, I’ll admit that I was a bit skeptical. Watermelon and cheese sounded like a weird combination to me. After trying this salad, I won’t look at watermelon the same again. It’s perfect in every way. Every. Way.
So I decided to make a different salad with watermelon as the star. And once again, watermelon proved how incredibly awesome it is.
This salad is amazing as a side salad or can even stand alone as an entree salad. It’s perfect for sharing at picnics too, if you’re nice like that and want to share. Your call on that one 🙂
- 2 cups cubed watermelon (about 1/4 a watermelon)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons mint
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- Combine watermelon chunks and cucumber in a large bowl.
- Add in finely chopped basil and mint.
- Pour in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with walnuts and feta.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator at least an hour for flavors to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!