As a Sweat Pink Ambassador, I get the opportunity to try lots of cool products but this is the first time that I’ve been able to try out a fitness app. I’ve used various fitness apps over the years when I find one that I really like so I was eager to try this one. Anyone that knows me knows that I love a good challenge, so the idea of challenging myself and others was very appealing to me. The Fitness Games app allows you to have more fun working out by turning challenges into a fun game (and maybe just a little competitveness as well). Users can challenge anyone, anywhere, including themselves. Users are able to create their own workout or choose from 50 pre-programmed workouts. Workouts are broken up into four categories: strength, cardiovascular, full body, and cross training. Some of the cool features of The Fitness Games app:
- Personal trainers can send clients uniquely crafted workouts via the “Create your own workout” feature and track progress remotely.
- A news feed is available to browse recent pictures and videos posted by your friends. Users also have the ability to track the activity of their friends by liking, commenting, and following.
- A quick and easy gym selfie feature.
- A rankings page that features local and international rankings by challenges won and experience points.
- Cardio category includes GPS tracking and connections with friends in real time!
- TFG lets you see the most inspiring and popular fitness content on the “Popular Photos and Videos” page.
This is what you see in the main screen. You can select one of the categories, look over your feed to see what your friends are doing, or look at popular photos and videos. If you decide to do a workout, just select the category. Since I’m a runner, I went with cardio. I could then set the timer for 45 minutes and run. When I was finished and submitted the workout, I got this message: Then I had the option to keep it private or make it public. Pretty cool to be able to share workouts with other friends! I tried one of the strength workouts too and loved it. It tells you exactly what to do and how many reps to do. I always struggle with what exercise to do when I workout on my own so this makes it easy. Challenges are also categorized as beginner, intermediate, and advanced so you can pick the workout you want to start with and move up from there. As you complete workouts, new workouts are unlocked for you for all new challenges. And you will definitely be challenged! Are you ready to start working out with your friends or to have a free virtual trainer? I’d love to have you as a workout partner! My user name is aprilmims so feel free to add me! This app is available free by clicking HERE! There are also paid options to upgrade but you’ll get lots of workouts on the free version! Tweet: Challenge your fitness with #TheFitnessGames! Check out @TFGapp and let the games begin! http://ctt.ec/gd5dj+ @fitapproach #sweatpink What is your favorite app for fitness or anything else? Disclosure statement: This post was sponsored by The Fitness Games through their partnership with Fit Approach. I was not compensated monetarily, but was provided the Platinum Version of the application for review. As always, all opinions are my own.