My 15 year old daughter has been bugging me to make dessert. She really loved the Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars that I made a couple weeks ago. But I didn’t have all the ingredients on hand so that wasn’t going to happen. About the only thing I’ve got plenty of in my kitchen right now is bananas. So banana nut muffins it is! My daughter was excited about muffins so we found a recipe online and modified it so that it was a little healthier. The quality time baking with her in the kitchen was priceless and the muffins are delicious! I’m pretty sure they would freeze well but we’ll never have the need to freeze them! Oh, and I didn’t mention how amazing they smell. You can practically smell them in this picture!
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 cup turbinado
- 3 bananas (we used 4 small ones)
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine turbinado, butter, and egg whites in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wheat flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while stirring.
- Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Add the walnuts.
- Spoon into muffin cups in baking tin (or directly into the tins sprayed with cooking spray).
- If desired, add a few more nuts to the top of muffins.
- Bake at 375 until done, about 15-17 minutes.
- Cool completely, and enjoy!