Chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream – words I thought I would never be able to say again since I started eating clean.
I came across several recipes for healthier versions of ice cream but I’ll admit I was a little skeptical about them. Ice cream is one of my favorite things in the entire world but now keep it as a very, very, very rare treat. Nothing about regular ice cream fits in with a real food lifestyle. So as much as I love the stuff, I just don’t want to put it into my body.
I honestly thought I would never be able to regularly enjoy it again (and without guilt)…..but I CAN!!! And now I’m a very happy girl that I can have this ice cream any time I want to! Yay me! And my teenager even liked it (I was nice enough to let her try some).
This is so easy to make with just 3 simple ingredients that you probably already have at home! And I love that it has no added sugar, cream, or anything I wouldn’t eat by itself.
- 4 large ripe bananas (make sure they are very ripe so they are sweet)
- 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- Slice bananas into 1/2? slices and place in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet.
- Place in freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Add frozen bananas, peanut butter and cocoa to blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- This will make your blender work pretty hard so be sure to use a quality blender.
- You can either serve as soft serve or put in the freezer for more solid ice cream.
- Read more at http://myrealfoodfamily.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-ice-cream/#Ll24RF7qP4VB7HZw.99
I’m eager to try some different variations of this recipe to switch it up a little bit. Adding coconut would be awesome or any type of nuts, like walnuts, almonds or pecans. Mint would add a nice taste to it as well. There are so many different options that will still keep it healthy!
What is your favorite type of ice cream?