Mr. Real Food and I don’t agree about many things (it’s not a bad thing – just different tastes).
One thing we do agree on is our love for quinoa. Yes, I would say we love quinoa. Of course, we disagree of which kind we like best. He prefers red and I like plain quinoa. But the good thing is that even if he gets his way and we have red quinoa, no one really loses.
I used plain quinoa for this recipe but it’s just as delicious (or more delicious if you agree with Mr. Real Food) with red quinoa. And this is amazingly easy meal is ready in just a few minutes. If you’ve got leftover quinoa, it takes less than 10 minutes to throw it all together. Dinner is served! And it’s just as delicious the next day!
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper (more or less to taste)
Combine olive oil, lime juice and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss with quinoa, then add remaining ingredients, except avocado. Garnish with avocado slices and serve.