Frosted brownies are one of the most amazing things created. It’s kind of like a cake with the frosting but it’s a brownie. It’s pure heaven!
After making a couple other no bake desserts, I decided that I loved them and there was no reason to ever turn my oven on again. So maybe that’s stretching it a bit, but I do love that I only have to throw a few ingredients into my Ninja and out comes some deliciousness that is healthy too. Put some frosting on it and I’m all set! Once again, these no bake brownies are the perfect healthy alternative if you love brownies. Mr. Real Food even said we should have them at our family Christmas dinner. No one will ever know they are healthy and I’ll get all the credit for an amazing dessert…yeah, ok, we can do that!
- 2 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and cut in half
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter/oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Process the walnuts in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add cacao powder and salt and process until combined.
- Add the dates a few at a time to avoid over-working your food processor.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture down so it is firm and even on top.
- Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for frosting and pour over brownies.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour to set.
- Cut and enjoy!
Have you ever tried no bake brownies like these before? They allow you to enjoy a sweet treat with no artificial sugar!
Be sure to check out our other no bake desserts too!