We got a bunch of apples in our co-op basket this week. I do love apples but I wasn’t quite sure what to do with all of them. I took some for snacks at work and “encouraged” my family to eat them. But we still had a bunch. I’m not big on applesauce so that wasn’t really an option. I do like apple pie and apple cobbler and apple crisp. So I decided to bake them and add some oats and cinnamon and see what happened. I loved it! Mr. Real Food was a little skeptical because it didn’t have any butter or sugar in it but he agreed that it was great! This was simple enough to throw together and put in the oven while cooking dinner. You’ll have a hot, fresh, and delicious dessert waiting for you!
- 2 apples (any kind, I used granny smith)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons oats
- Core apples and slice into pieces.
- Place apple slices into 2 ramekins and add half the maple syrup and oats to each.
- Gently stir.
- Top with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until apples are tender.
What’s your favorite apple dessert?