Almonds are a delicious and healthy snack. Although I really enjoy them plain or lightly salted, I really like the flavored ones. Sadly, some of the ingredients are not that healthy and counteract the health benefits of the almond. Just look at the list of ingredients on this package of flavored almonds:
I don’t even know what several of these ingredients are but I know they can’t be natural! So here is a simple recipe that you can make in just a few minutes that is all-natural and delicious! I could eat these by the handful!
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine slightly beaten egg white, sugar, water, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine completely and add almonds.
- Stir to coat completely.
- Spread almonds evenly onto a lightly greased cookie pan.
- Roast almonds for about an hour, until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
What is your favorite healthy snack?