This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker®. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #LoveMyCereal #QuakerUp
Do you let your kids have cookies for breakfast or even eat them yourself? I’ll admit that I love a sweet treat in the morning, especially with a cup of coffee. Definitely not the best choice ever but I now have an alternative that I can feel good about eating! These cookies are great for breakfast, make a perfect snack and are even amazing for dessert! And since they can be made ahead, they are great grab and go treats! Quaker® Cereal isn’t just for breakfast anymore!
These incredible cookies only require 5 simple ingredients that I was able to pick up on a regular visit to Walmart and only take a couple of minutes to whip up! It really doesn’t get much easier than that! Oh yeah, and there isn’t any added sugar in them so you can feel good about serving them to your family. You don’t have to mention that to your kids though – they’ll never know. I used Quaker® Real Medleys® Cherry Almond Pecan Multigrain Cereal but any of Quaker’s amazing granola cereals would be delicious! You could even add in different dried fruits like cranberries to add more flavor or change things up.
Here’s all you have to do:
- 1 cup Quaker® Real Medleys® Cherry Almond Pecan Multigrain Cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup all natural applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together Quaker® Real Medleys® Cherry Almond Pecan cereal, peanut butter, and applesauce.
- Add in egg and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet and cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for a minute then transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Makes about 15 cookies.
What is your favorite breakfast cereal?