One of my favorite meals this summer has been grilled shrimp. It’s been a regular on our menu for the last couple of months so I figured it was time to post it on the blog. I’ve been trying to figure out why I haven’t blogged this meal before and can’t come up with a valid reason. The best reason I’ve come up with so far is that it’s just so quick and easy to make and there are no exact measurements that it seems like no big deal. But, since the entire purpose of this blog is to share quick, easy and healthy recipes, I’ve been negligent in sharing this recipe. Not to worry though, I am here to make things right today.
These shrimp skewers could easily be thrown on the outdoor grill but we love cooking on our George Foreman grill. For a small meal like this, it’s really convenient and there’s no prep time required to heat the outdoor grill.
There aren’t exact measurements for this since it’s basically just grilled shrimp with butter, lemon and garlic salt. So I guess this will be more of a how-to than a recipe.
Look how delicious these look cooking on the grill…
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- garlic salt
- Place shrimp on skewer while grill is heating.
- Melt butter in a small dish and add garlic salt to your taste.
- Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of skewer with butter garlic mixture.
- Place skewer on grill and cook until shrimp are pink and opaque (just a couple minutes, depending on the size of shrimp).
- Flip skewer and cook until both sides are done.
- Remove from grill and squeeze lemon juice over skewered shrimp.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love serving them with rice and broccoli like we did here are paired with a refreshing salad like this Spinach Watermelon Salad. You could even add shrimp to the top of your favorite salad. The possibilities are endless!
What is your favorite way to eat shrimp? I’d love to hear your recipes!