I am so excited to tell you about this awesome cookbook! Rachel from The Stay at Home Chef sent me a copy of her new cookbook “Slow Cooker Cooking” to review. I won’t even wait until the end to tell you that I love it! You all know by now that I love my slow cooker and use it regularly so a book filled with over 150 easy-to-follow slow cooker recipes is perfect!
Even if you don’t like using cookbooks or cooking at all, this is a great cookbook to own. The pictures are stunning and will make you hungry. Each recipe has a mouth watering picture with it so you’ll know what an amazing dish you are about to make. Not only do you get a huge variety of recipes, you’ll get some helpful tips or variations for each recipe as well as troubleshooting tips. I had a difficult time picking out just one recipe to make to test out the actual recipe. But I’ve been thinking ahead to Christmas morning and what we’ll have for breakfast then. You know how Christmas morning is – all the excitement over presents. Having breakfast already made and ready to eat when your family is ready makes the morning perfect.
I finally decided on the Triple Cheese Sausage and Kale Frittata. I’ll be completely honest here though and tell you that I’m not a fan of kale. The taste is just too bitter for me. But I stuck with the recipe as it was and loved it, kale and all. Mr. Real Food said it was a keeper too. You actually can’t taste the kale in it.
Look how amazing this looks! And it tasted just as great! Oh yeah, and it’s super simple to make. Not only is this perfect for Christmas morning breakfast, it would be ideal for a brunch too. I was really wishing for some fresh fruit to go with it!
Now that breakfast is over, I’m off to try out the Mile-High Chocolate Fudge Brownies recipe from the cookbook.
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped into 1-in. pieces
- 10 large eggs
- 2 TB. milk
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork sausage for about 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add kale, turn off heat, cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
- Stir in provolone cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stir sausage and kale into egg mixture, and pour resulting mixture into a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Recipe from "Idiot's Guides: Slow Cooker Cooking" by Rachel Farnsworth.
Want your own copy of Rachel’s cookbook? You can order it right here! And be sure to stop by The Stay at Home Chef’s website and check out all of her delicious recipes!
What is your favorite breakfast food?
**This post contains affiliate links which help support the cost of running this website. I received a free copy of this cookbook to facilitate this review but no other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own.**