- 1 1/2 cups unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 cups Medjool dates (about 16), pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Place the sunflower seeds in the blender and add the dates a few at a time.
- Blend until a thick dough forms and add sea salt.
- Press the mixture into an 8-by-8 inch pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer for about 30 minutes to allow to set.
- Melt the chocolate chips and pour over the top of caramels, smoothing the top with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the top with sea salt and refrigerate for an additional 20 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.