This is another emeals slow cooker recipe that my family absolutely loved! As you’ve probably realized by now, we’re huge fans of Mexican foods and love making shredded chicken in the slow cooker. And I’ve made no secret of the fact that I am a lazy cook. Eating at home is important to me but I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. And sometimes, after a long day at work, I just don’t want to spend any time in the kitchen. Can you relate to this or am I the only one. I’m super productive in the morning and can get tons of work done. So my slow cooker is my new best friend. This recipe is ideal for my preparation and cooking preferences. This requires no cutting or chopping at all! Seriously….all you have to do is add a few things into the crock pot and turn it on. Come home after a long day and dinner is almost ready. All that’s left to do is cook some rice and shred the chicken. Easy peasy!
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16-oz jar mango salsa
- 1 15-oz can organic low-sodium pinto beans
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups freshly shredded cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Place chicken, salsa, beans, corn, broth, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper in a lightly greased 5- to 6- quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or until chicken is done.
- Shred chicken and stir into salsa mixture in slow cooker.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken over rice and garnish with cheese, green onions, parsley, hot sauce and avocado slices.
How often do you use your slow cooker? What’s you’re favorite slow cooker meal?