I have pretty much eliminated all meat from my diet at this point but I do love seafood – especially shrimp.
The rest of my family though has no desire to give up meat so seafood is a good compromise for us.
This simple dish was not only delicious and easy to make, it looked like a fancy gourmet meal. That worked perfectly since Real Food Jr. was spending the night with a friend so Mr. Real Food and I had a dinner date night at home!
This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make too!
I served it with this Spinach Tomato Salad for a beautiful, delicious, and healthy dinner.
- Cous Cous:
- 1 cup cous cous
- 1 cup water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Lemon Dill Shrimp:
- 1 lb. fresh, raw, shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Prepare cous cous according to package directions and mix in other ingredients.
- Add a little olive oil to heated skillet and add shrimp.
- Saute shrimp until they are opaque/white (about 5 minutes).
- Add the dill and lemon juice with a little knob of butter.
- Stir it all around to make a bit of sauce as butter and herbs mix.