I’ve always loved Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
I don’t think it’s a news flash that they have no nutritional value and are loaded with refined sugar and other junk. But there’s something about that peanut butter and chocolate taste combination that I just can’t give up.
So here’s my solution!
These nut butter cups are made with only 4 ingredients and no added artificial sweetener. The chocolate chips are minimally processed but that’s way better than the original peanut butter cups. I used almond butter in these to make them Paleo (plus I just love almond butter) but you could use peanut butter or any other nut butter you choose if you have a preference or allergy. They take less than 10 minutes to make and only need a few minutes in the freezer to harden.
Then all the nutty chocolate goodness can be devoured!
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Combine almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Microwave for about a minute or until ingredients are melted (I stirred twice during that time).
- Microwave chocolate chips for about a minute or until melted (stirring twice during that time).
- Spoon chocolate in bottom of tin and then spoon almond butter mixture followed by another layer of chocolate.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes to harden.
What is your favorite nut butter? Are you a fan of peanut butter cups like me?