This is a special recipe brought to you by Mr. Real Food himself! He cooks pretty regularly around here but getting him to blog his recipes is a challenge. But I finally talked him into blogging one of our favorite recipes. This quinoa veggie stir fry recipe is great for us because it is easy to modify for our different preferences. I try to eat a mostly vegetarian, plant-based diet these days but Mr. Real Food still has to have his meat. This dish is the perfect compromise for us. I get my meatless meal and he gets his meat. And we live happily ever after. Ok, so maybe the happily ever after is a little exaggerated but you get the point.
The beauty of this dish is that it’s super quick and easy to make and makes a lot. We had plenty for leftovers the next day. And it’s easy to change it up and put in whatever veggies you have on hand. We’ve experimented with different veggie combinations and this is one of our favorites.
Just a few simple ingredients is all that’s needed to make this stir fry:
Enjoy….with or without sausage:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2 bell peppers (any color), chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sausage (optional, for meat-eaters)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a separate pot, heat oil and sautee onions and garlic until onions are softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add potato, broccoli, bell peppers and soy sauce.
- Cover and cook on medium for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- If you are adding sausage, cook in a separate pan until thoroughly cooked.
- Top quinoa with veggies and sausage and enjoy!
What are your favorite stir fry ingredients?