Fall has arrived!
Maybe fall is not permanently here yet. After all the 100 degree days we’ve had, a couple of days in the 60s was super nice and it made me long for the flavors of fall!
Mr. Real Food threw some chili in the slow cooker this morning. Since I didn’t have to concern myself with dinner, I made some pumpkin fudge. The chili was amazing and really hit the spot but this pumpkin fudge?!?!
OMG…it’s creamy and delicious and tastes like fall! And since I’m not overly talented in the kitchen, this recipe is easy enough for me to make too and not mess up. It takes less than 10 minutes to make plus a little time in the fridge to set and then it’s ready to devour!
There are only a few ingredients needed to make this deliciousness. Rather than using all the individual spices, you could use pumpkin pie spice. The hardest part about this fudge is waiting for it to set!
But I promise you – it’s worth the wait! There’s really nothing better than rich, creamy pumpkin and chocolate!
- 1 12-oz package of chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life gluten, soy and nut free)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
- Continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until completely melted (this took about 2 minutes for me).
- Stir in pumpkin, spices, and vanilla.
- Pour into an 8x8 baking dish and allow to cool in refrigerator.
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe? What’s your favorite flavor of fall? Be sure to check out more pumpkin recipes here!