Mr. Real Food has been asking me to make him a salad with tomatoes and mozzarella.
So when I saw mozzarella balls at the store today, I knew it was time for a tomato spinach salad. This little salad was both beautiful and deliciously sweet with a bit of honey.
It could easily be a satisfying vegetarian main dish or complement any meal as a side salad. With only 6 simple ingredients, it comes together quickly for a lunch on the run. Adding a few almonds or walnuts would add a little crunch as well.
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tomatoes, cut into chunks or wedges
- 6 small mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a salad bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes, and mozzarella balls.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Be sure and check out some of our other delicious salads here.