This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
I probably don’t need to tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? It’s a well documented scientific fact that the morning meal is the one that can make or break your day. My reality though is that I’m busy and don’t have time to cook a nutritious meal every morning.
Here’s what my typical day looks like: alarm goes off at 4:30 AM, coffee and blogging until 5:15 or 5:30, 45 – 60 minute run or workout, shower and head to my day job by 7. A simple breakfast solution is an absolute necessity for me and I need to make a nutritious choice to fuel me for the rest of the day.
I always eat in the morning and love my breakfast smoothie every morning. A smoothie is the perfect solution for me since it only takes a couple of minutes to make as I’m rushing out the door. But sometimes I am even more rushed for time and can’t spare those couple of minutes. And sometimes I want something different. You know, like a brownie. Clearly not the best choice for breakfast though, with all the calories and sugar leading to the inevitable sugar crash within a couple of hours.
But I was determined to find a solution to that though.
And I did it. Oh yes, I did! Nutritious brownies for breakfast can be a real thing. And let me tell you – you will never struggle getting your kids to eat a nutritious breakfast again. You might even be the best mom ever for encouraging them to eat these brownies in the morning.
Unlike most make-ahead breakfasts, these require no baking at all. You only need 6 simple ingredients and a few minutes to prepare these.
The secret ingredient that makes these awesome is Carnation Breakfast Essentials®. I grabbed some from the cereal aisle at Kroger. I love that Carnation Breakfast Essentials® is loaded with so many nutrients. The chocolate powder is exactly what I needed to make these brownies super delicious!
In addition to the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® chocolate powder, you’ll also need almond milk, peanut butter, oatmeal, honey and yogurt covered cranberries. If you aren’t a fan of cranberries, you can substitute something else like nuts, raisins, or any other type of dried fruit. Get creative and try different combinations!
To make the brownies, add the peanut butter, honey, and almond milk to a small sauce pan and melt on low.
Once melted, you’ll have a super creamy peanut butter mixture that looks like this.
Stir in 5 packets of Carnation Breakfast Essentials chocolate mix and the oats. Heat for about 2 minutes just to heat the mixture.
Pour into an 8×8 or 9×9 inch dish lined with parchment paper and spread evenly. Add the yogurt covered cranberries to the top and gently press into the top. Allow to cool at room temperature to set before cutting into 16 brownies. Breakfast is ready and waiting for you! You can wrap each brownie in plastic wrap for a grab and go breakfast.
Not only does Carnation Breakfast Essentials® come in powder form, it’s also available in Ready-to-Drink bottles. Now there’s no excuse to skip breakfast when you’re pressed for time!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups Carnation Breakfast Essentials® chocolate powder (5 packets)
- 2 cups dry uncooked Oatmeal (not instant oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup yogurt covered cranberries
- In a small sauce pan, warm peanut butter, honey, and milk and warm over low heat.
- Add in Carnation Breakfast Essentials® powder and oats and stir until completely blended.
- Press the mixture into an 8"x 8" or 9" x 9" dish lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle yogurt covered cranberries on top and gently press into batter.
- Allow the bars to cool at room temperature and cut into 16 pieces.
- Wrap in plastic wrap for a quick and easy grab and go breakfast.
Now Carnation is encouraging all of us to take the 7-day Healthy Breakfast Challenge. The challenge is to enjoy a nutritious morning meal every day for 7 days and complete simple missions through the end of February. You can even win prizes! I’m all about starting the day with a good nutritious so I’m in! Will you join me?
Ready to get started? Follow these easy steps:
1. Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
2. Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day!
3. Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
4. Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.
What is your favorite easy and nutritious breakfast? Will you take the challenge with me? Also be sure to check out the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Facebook page!