Raw date squares are a healthy and tasty way to indulge in a sweet treat!
It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of simple, healthy desserts that require no cooking. Remember these coconut energy bars, chocolate truffles, and peanut butter cookies? So when I ran across this recipe from the Detoxinista, I knew I had to make it! And just as I suspected, it was absolutely delicious! With just a few ingredients, these raw date squares are super easy to make a delicious dessert that everyone will love!
A healthy, naturally sweetened dessert with only a few all natural ingredients. Ready in minutes with no cooking!
- For the crust/crumble:
- 3 cups raw walnuts
- 8 soft Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the filling:
- 2 cups soft Medjool dates, pitted and tightly packed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line an 8?x8? baking dish with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, pulse the walnuts until they are finely ground into a meal.
- Add in the chopped dates, coconut oil and salt, and process again until sticky dough is formed.
- Set aside 1 cup of this dough to save for the crumble topping, then transfer the rest of the dough to the lined baking dish, using your hands to press it evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- To prepare the date filling, combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until a uniform filling is created.
- Spread the filling over the crust evenly, then crumble the reserved cup of dough over the top. Use your fingers to gently press the crumble topping into the date filling, then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Serve chilled for best texture, and store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week
From the Detoxinista
Do you have a favorite no bake dessert? I’d love to hear about it!