I recently started using eMeals to help with my meal planning (you can read about my experience here). My family has loved it so far after making several different recipes. I made this Beef Burgundy a few days ago and it was a big hit. I’m not sure why I’ve never made Beef Burgundy before. Maybe it’s because it sounds kind of fancy and I really had no idea what it was? I can’t say for sure but I can tell you that it will definitely be a meal we have often this winter since it’s so hearty and filling! I especially love that my slow cooker did most of the work and that Mr. Real Food gave me all the credit for an amazing meal!
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-in pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 8-oz package whole mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1 8-oz can organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Toss beef with flour and place in slow cooker.
- Spread carrots, onion, mushrooms and garlic over beef.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Have you tried Beef Burgundy before? Do you use eMeals to help you plan your meals?